httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: I'm changing my mind about config modules
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:53:42 GMT

> Phase 1
>
> 1) build config tree during normal config processing. Done.
> 2) call modules based on tree rather than during config processing.
> 3) move config processing "out" of src/main/. processor calls back through
>    an API to construct the config tree.

For the record, step two here is not trivial.  It requires modifying how
containers work, because currently containers actually read from the
config file, and we don't want that in the new model.  For that reason, I
am not continuing with this work until the group reaches the conclsuion
that I should, or until my other current project is done, which ever comes
first.

I expect my other project will be done Monday (more on that in the next
note), so the config stuff will pick up at that time, unless somebody
wants to beat me to it.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131