httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/include ap_iol.h buff.h
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:42:10 GMT
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > >    /* Options to bset/getopt */
> > >    #define BO_BYTECT (1)
> > >   +/* XXX: timeouts should probably be redefined to be in microseconds to match
APR */
> > >    /* timeout values have the same semantics as those documented for timeouts
> > >       in ap_iol.h... that is:
> > >       timeout < 0 is blocking infinite/no-timeout
> >
> > Which part of APR do you want to match?  The timeout parameters for
> > ap_poll() and ap_set_pipe_timeout() are in seconds.
>
> Those have just never been redefined to use ap_time_t's.  This code and
> APR's code should all use ap_time_t's now.

yeah, that's sort of what i meant...  strictly speaking we should define
another type ap_interval_time_t, because ap_time_t is defined to be
absolute... and interval timers can actually be 32-bits (limits us to
35 minute timeouts, no biggie in my books).  but comparing interval
timers is a bit tricky, once again i refer to NSPR 'cause i'm too lazy
to explain it right now :)

but i won't complain much if folks just want to abuse ap_time_t for now.

-dean