httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: pool vs. context
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:31:00 GMT

> This makes sense to a point. I'm not sure that we need to be able to
> attach data to files, locks, sockets, etc. Contexts, threads, and
> processes: yah.
>
> > Once a decision is made on going back to calling the things pools (that
> > seems to be the groups leaning,
>
> No, I don't see that. One person pipes up about pool vs context, and it is
> called "leaning"?

ONE PERSON?!?!  :-)   This has been an ongoing debate since the change was
originally made.  It's just that bringing it up again this week made me
actually modify the code.  IMHO, a majority of the people in the group
would like to see us go back to ap_pool_t, but that may just mean the more
vocal people in the group want them named pools.  :-)

> Don't be so wishy-washy :-). Do gung-ho things like the config stuff, but
> don't waver so much with contexts :-)

I don't consider this wisshy-washy, I consider this a chance to rid us a
constant discussion.  :-)  Personally, I've never really cared what they
were called as long as they worked.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131