httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Configuration modules...
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:18:03 GMT
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Tony Finch wrote:

> dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-httpd@arctic.org> wrote:
> >On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> >> I think the reason for not going whole hog and re-writing the config in
> >> XML is that not everybody wants to.  :-)  By having these config modules,
> >> people can use whatever language they want for their configuration.
> >
> >this sounds like a support nightmare.
>
> The new mod_info should be able to print the internalized
> configuration in a way that makes any config front end supportable.

The other reason this isn't a support nightmare, is that we only have to
support ONE language.  We are allowing other people to add more languages
it they wish.  This really kind of goes along with the rest of the changes
that make Apache more like a server-framework that has a module for
serving http requests than a server that only understands http requests.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131