httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Tregar <...@tregar.com>
Subject Re: Feature Proposal: ProxyRewriteHostHeader
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:14:55 GMT
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> 1) yes, code is always better

Ok then, I'll get on it.

> 2) writing it against Apache 2.0 stands a *much* better chance of the
>    patch being integrated (probably without question). writing it against
>    1.3 will need a much higher bar...

I guess I'll see about doing both.  Since I plan to use this in a current
project I'd need something working in 1.3.  Perhaps that would be a
"private" patch though - I can understand wanting to put new features into
2.0 alone.

> That said, I'm ambivalent (leaning towards no) since I don't think we
> should really be involved in proxy-anything.

Really?  Is mod_proxy in danger of being canned?  That's pretty shocking
to hear - it's a very useful module.  Do you mean that it should be moved
out of the core distribution or abandoned entirely?

Would you mind explaining your position a little more fully?

-sam