httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Tregar <...@tregar.com>
Subject Re: Feature Proposal: ProxyRewriteHostHeader
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:46:41 GMT
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Sam Tregar wrote:
>
> > I'd like to add a feature to mod_proxy.  I propose to add a configuration
> > variable 'ProxyRewriteHostHeader'.  When set to false, mod_proxy would
> > pass through the "Host" header from the current request.  This mirrors a
> > setting available in Squid - redirect_rewrites_host_header, BTW.
>
> I needed that feature today... if you write it, you have at least one
> user :)

Great.  I'm still waiting for someone with authority to give it the
OK.  Do you know if anyone is in charge of mod_proxy?  In Perl-land we'd
call them the mod_proxy Pumpking, but I imagine you do things differently
in Apache territory.

If I don't hear anything for a few more days I'll just go ahead and give
it a try.  Perhaps proposals with patches get better responses?

-sam