httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: minor pollution
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:13:33 GMT
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > I am 100% behind anything that needs to be done to namespace protect our
> > variables.  I say fix whatever you find.  If this is too big a change to
> > go in hours before an alpha (I'm not saying it is, just _if_), then say
> > so, and we'll hold off the alpha for until next week sometime.  The fewer
> > alpha's we have with namespace leakage, the better off we are.
> 
> nah, i don't think these are worth delaying the alpha.  3rd party modules
> won't use any of them, so we can change after a3 and nobody will notice.
> since the changes would touch mpm files that aren't compiled on my system,
> i could typo and break win32 or os2 or something, i'd rather wait until
> after a3 to break stuff.


Yah... we can't hold a3 for every little thing. Release it. Release again.
And again.

And hey: so what if you typo? That can happen at any time. So what if we
release a broken alpha? Feedback says "hey. that's broken." All right.
Fine. Fix it and release two days later. *shrug*

Mind set, people.

Cheers,
-g

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/


Mime
View raw message