httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 naming
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:44:30 GMT
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> i just committed a change that adds the AP_ prefix to *HOOK* macros.
> i wanted to revisit this before moving forward with more renaming.
> below is a list of #defines that a script plucked out of *.h and i pruned
> down a bit by hand.  anything that already existed in 1.x is prefixed with
> 1.x (not 100% accurate).  if the 1.x names were to be prefixed with AP_,
> then there should probably be an ap_compat.h file that #defines all the
> old names to the new AP_ ones.
> this is sorta painful, but i would really like to see it happen, anybody
> have strong feelings either way?

+1 on adding AP_ prefixes at your discretion.

-0 on adding entries to ap_compat.h. IMO, we should just nuke that file
and be done with it. This is a 2.x upgrade that requires recompilation and
file edits. Telling people to add AP_ or ap_ prefixes to their symbols
isn't a hardship for them.

Cheers,
-g

--