httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/misc/unix errorcodes.c
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:00:58 GMT
On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> gstein@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > gstein      00/04/20 15:51:52
> >
> >   Modified:    src/lib/apr/misc/unix errorcodes.c
> >   Log:
> >   Get rid of the nasty side-effect macro.
> >   Add "static" and rename the OS/2 apr_os_strerror() function. Minor reformat.
>
> Isn't ap_os_strerror() either going to leak memory or not be threadsafe?

Eh? I added static to the function, not a variable. Think, "hiding".

But as others pointed out, the design of ap_strerror() leads to a growth
in the pool that is passed. If that pool has a long lifetime, then yes:
you effectively leak memory.

I don't really have an opinion on the pool thingy. Dunno enough about the
callers and the pools typically used.

Cheers,
-g

--