httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: DLL Base addresses (was: .dsp link options)
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 05:19:22 GMT
Use the file. It is very easy to maintain and does not require an
additional tool dependence (editbin).

The number of modules and their sizes changes very infrequently, so the
central file approach is easy enough to maintain. The hardest part,
actually, is remembering to add a line when a new module is placed in the
distribution. But hey... so what if it doesn't have an address? First time
somebody notices a relocation occurring, then a simple patch is generated.
Basically: the failure case is easy to get out of.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/