httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: Draft proposal: Win32 Compilation Environment Step 1
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:31:56 GMT
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Forget delay loading and all that stuff. Statically link APR into
apache.exe and be done with it.

APR will still build outside of Apache, but when we redistribute APR as
part of Apache, then we should do a static link. That solves the path
problem, the relocation problem, etc.

I see no purpose served by having the Apache distribution be able to build
an APR DLL. When APR starts shipping standalone, then we can possible
update Apache to dynlink against it.

Cheers,
-g

--