httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject cvsweb deprecated (was: reminder: 1.3 bugdb still completely broken)
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:07:08 GMT
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Marc Slemko wrote:
> Oh, and cvsweb is spewing:
>
> Use of uninitialized value at /www/jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi line 142.
> Use of uninitialized value at /www/jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi line 207.
> Use of uninitialized value at /www/xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi line 2624.
> Use of uninitialized value at /www/xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi line 2624.
> Use of uninitialized value at /www/jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi line 142.
> Use of uninitialized value at /www/jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi line 207.

The Jakarta and XML projects should be using
    www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi

That URL, and script, is actively maintained; the old cvsweb interface is
deprecated. Redirects can be set up from the jakarta/xml URLs to the above
URL -- the args to the script are equivalent.

And somebody who has write access to the httpd.conf still needs to insert
the Redirect that I requested a month ago!

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/