httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: 1.3.13 - Complete some Win32 PRs???
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:13:47 GMT
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> I for one can help out more integrating changes if there is one simple
> patch per post.  Split up the patches so that what goes with one post
> to the mailing list implements exactly one fix/improvement/whatever.
>
> As the size of the changes in one post grows, the set of people that
> feel competent to become stewards of the bundle dwindles quickly.

I totally agree. I looked over that latest Win32 commit because it was
mentally-manageable, given that I've *never* built a Win32 Apache (nor do
I have an interest in doing so). However, I *can* read code and diffs and
do the thought experiements if they are small enough.

> If the patch is in-line and not an attachment, even better (but that
> is a personal issue; I have no reason to think that anyone else on the
> list cares).

I prefer inline, too.

If they are attachments, then *PLEASE* make sure that your mailer tags
them as text/plain. OtherBill has posted a number of patches which are
marked as application/x-octet-stream. PINE won't view those buggers, so
the bar for review becomes "too high".

Cheers,
-g

--