httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: pool vs. context
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:13:03 GMT
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Your right, these functions are never used.  When I was creating contexts,
> I was asked to create a way to add data to contexts, and to all APR
> types.  I did that.  We are wrapping the functions, because currently
> programmers can't get a context out of any of the APR types, and contexts
> are incomplete types.

This makes sense to a point. I'm not sure that we need to be able to
attach data to files, locks, sockets, etc. Contexts, threads, and
processes: yah.

> Once a decision is made on going back to calling the things pools (that
> seems to be the groups leaning,

No, I don't see that. One person pipes up about pool vs context, and it is
called "leaning"?

Don't be so wishy-washy :-). Do gung-ho things like the config stuff, but
don't waver so much with contexts :-)

Cheers,
-g

--