httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: server-status
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:02:13 GMT
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Mike Abbott wrote:

> I think 2.0's server status feature is too specific to connections.
> There is lots of other interesting information inside Apache that I
> would like to see on the server status page.  For instance, MPMs have
> data not only on connections but also on threads (e.g., the maximum
> number of threads dexter ever needed, which can be used to re-compile
> Apache with a smaller HARD_THREAD_LIMIT to save memory).  Also the
> static content cache I wrote for 1.3 displays a bunch of counters on the
> status page, but I had to patch mod_status to add the hook.
>
> I propose making 2.0's server status report much more general by adding
> a status hook that any module could register.  Then mod_status would
> simply send the HTTP response header and iterate through the registered
> hook functions, allowing each one to report its own status in HTML
> directly using ap_rputs() and the like.
>
> I haven't done it yet but I'm willing to, and to contribute a patch
> against 2.0a2 (or whatever alpha is current at the time).
>
> Comments?

My understanding is that the current mod_status in 2.0 allows modules to
add data to the table already.  I have not investigated how this is done,
but that's what I have been told.  I would suggest really taking a good
look at what is already there before re-implementing the status stuff in
2.0.  If what you want isn't there, then go ahead and add more code to
make it work.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131