httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Feature Proposal: ProxyRewriteHostHeader
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:12:19 GMT
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Sam Tregar wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > Sam Tregar wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to add a feature to mod_proxy.  I propose to add a configuration
> > > variable 'ProxyRewriteHostHeader'.  When set to false, mod_proxy would
> > > pass through the "Host" header from the current request.  This mirrors a
> > > setting available in Squid - redirect_rewrites_host_header, BTW.
> >
> > I needed that feature today... if you write it, you have at least one
> > user :)
>
> Great.  I'm still waiting for someone with authority to give it the
> OK.  Do you know if anyone is in charge of mod_proxy?  In Perl-land we'd
> call them the mod_proxy Pumpking, but I imagine you do things differently
> in Apache territory.
>
> If I don't hear anything for a few more days I'll just go ahead and give
> it a try.  Perhaps proposals with patches get better responses?

Two points:

1) yes, code is always better
2) writing it against Apache 2.0 stands a *much* better chance of the
   patch being integrated (probably without question). writing it against
   1.3 will need a much higher bar...

That said, I'm ambivalent (leaning towards no) since I don't think we
should really be involved in proxy-anything.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/