httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Configuration modules...
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2000 06:50:15 GMT
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 rbb@apache.org wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 ap@atm9.com.dtu.dk wrote:
> > How do you treat <ifModule...>?
> > With ifModule sections, the depth can be arbitrary (it bite me in Comanche
> > in the past)
>
> Honestly, we didn't think of that.  I'm implementing this now, so I guess
> when I hit the problem I'll figure out the answer.  My current thought is
> that this just adds another level when needed.

No big deal. The proposed architecture that Ryan listed (taken from the
blue sky discussion) has no inherent limit on the depth. There is no
"magic four" there.

In other word: there is no problem to run into.

During the parsing of the config, and the building of the internal
representation, the parser simply remembers a "node pointer" that
specifies where directives will be added. That node could be the top
level, or it could be twenty-seven levels deep. No biggy.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/