httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: checking for EWOULDBLOCK/EAGAIN *inside* APR
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 19:36:43 GMT

I must really be missing something.  But, I'll try one more time.

In Apache 1.3, in src/main/buff.c on line 718 among others, we check for
errno != EAGAIN.  This works on every platform that 1.3 works on.  We are
not checking for EWOULDBLOCK here.  Why can't we do the same thing for 2.0
in APR?

I am under the impression, and this may be what I am missing, that Apache
1.3 can be downloaded and run on OS/390 platforms.

Why is it that this works for 1.3 but not for 2.0?

If this is a real bug, then just check for EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK in APR,
and then return errno.  You are going to need to call
ap_canonicalize_error in your app regardless of what Unix platforms do,
because Windows doesn't return either one of these two errors.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message