httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: checking for EWOULDBLOCK/EAGAIN *inside* APR
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 19:36:43 GMT

I must really be missing something.  But, I'll try one more time.

In Apache 1.3, in src/main/buff.c on line 718 among others, we check for
errno != EAGAIN.  This works on every platform that 1.3 works on.  We are
not checking for EWOULDBLOCK here.  Why can't we do the same thing for 2.0
in APR?

I am under the impression, and this may be what I am missing, that Apache
1.3 can be downloaded and run on OS/390 platforms.

Why is it that this works for 1.3 but not for 2.0?

If this is a real bug, then just check for EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK in APR,
and then return errno.  You are going to need to call
ap_canonicalize_error in your app regardless of what Unix platforms do,
because Windows doesn't return either one of these two errors.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131