httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Errno code in APR again.
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:18:38 GMT

> >Please flame away,
>
> I must admit that I intentionally said some rude things yesterday
> after the point at which I was no longer willing to interpret your
> comments as constructive or respectful.  I'm sure you were as
> frustrated as I was with the seeming inability to communicate
> effectively, and I will try to employ the backspace key more often in
> the future.

As I said yesterday, I saw two things come from you in less than an hour,
both related to error codes in APR.  I made the assumption that they were
related.  Either the docs were describing the code, or the docs were
describing where the code was going.  Because I strongly disagreed with
the docs, I -1 the code, and asked for clarification of where things were
headed.

If I wasn't clear where my problems were, I am sorry.  I was trying to be
constructive and respectful throughout my communication, however I should
probably learn to read messages a third or fourth time before I send them.

> I may not have enough time to look at this properly before the
> timeframe in which you want to commit it, so don't be surprised if
> what comments I might have come afterwards.  I was a little confused
> at some of what I saw during a quick glance at the patches and I need to
> print them out and study them more carefully.  I'm not asking you to
> defer, but please don't feel blindsided if you see stuff from me after
> you commit.

The basic idea is the same as the one I posted yesterday.  I took what you
and Brian said about sharing code between platforms and threw it into the
mix.  Basically implementing exactly what Brian proposed a week ago with
one change.

The canonical error codes have their own sections in APR.  Brian said this
wasn't a -1'able change, and it made the code cleaner and easier to read
and understand.

I will wait to commit this until tomorrow so everybody has a chance to
review it.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131