httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Errno code in APR again.
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:59:20 GMT

> I'd say a system that treated these differently is working in the spirit of
> the Unix designers who originally came up with these errnos. Why else would
> they have both?   So, either the systems that treat these the same are brain
> dead or the original designers are brain dead for thinking they needed both
> :-). Just kidding of course. Unix design is! Let's not be too judgmental!

The two errors are left over from the original split between SVR4 and BSD.
Most modern versions of Unix have combined these to be the same error.  I
thoroughly dislike the fact that we have to compensate for it.

Why didn't we have this problem in 1.3?  Everything I am looking at in the
1.3 tree checks for EAGAIN.  We have one platform that defines EAGAIN to
be EWOULDBLOCK in ap_config.h

Are we sure this is an actual issue?

Ryan

406 29th St.