httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: APR errno handling finished.
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:34:53 GMT

> >Brian,  can we both take a step back and agree that we are basically
> >talking about the same concepts here?
>
> Sure. I'd also like to see input from others. So far it's been pretty much
> you, me & Jeff.

Agreed, but I think everybody is waiting for things to calm down a bit.

<snip because we finally agree.  :-)  >

> >I dislike this.  It messes up the APR_error codes, because some platforms
> >will have gaps in their APR_ERROR section while others won't.  However I
> >am willing to live with it for now.  I reserve the right to complain about
> >it in the future though.  :-)
>
> I don't actually care where they go as long as they don't conflict with
> anything else. Putting another section in would have made my nice diagram
> too wide though :)

Okay, I am adding back the separate space for canonical error values
because it makes things cleaner IMHO.  If we want to change that later, it
will be easy to do.  It took me two minutes to remove it just now.

> >If I repost with those changes and the appropriate doc changes, will you
> >remove your -1?
>
> The main reason for the -1 was that your original proposal prevented
> sharing the default unix code on non-unix platforms. As long as errno
> values occupy 0->n the -1 is removed. The rest is far less consequential.

Okay, a new patch will be posted within the hour.  It will be committed
late today unless people jump up and down and beat me with bats after
posting it.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131