httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: APR errno handling finished.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:52:38 GMT
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> > >If nobody objects, I'll commit this tomorrow evening West Coast Time.  :-)
> >
> > I object!
> > Doing it this way prevents using default unix implementaions on non-unix
> > platforms, leading to total code duplication. It's also totally different
> > from my proposal which you said you liked.
> >
> > -1
>
> ditto for me (but ":(" instead of "-1")
>
> I can't believe you managed to find a way that no APR code that calls
> C standard library functions can ever be shared between platforms.
>
> If this too the so-called consensus?

I didn't.  See my last response to Ben's complaint.  Instead of thinking
that ALL platforms use their own error values as the primary value, start
from the other direction.  ALL platforms use errno as their primary value.
You end up with Ben's proposal exactly.

Where doesn't this work?

Ryan

406 29th St.