httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: APR errno handling finished.
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 23:47:37 GMT
> >I am posting a patch here that implements this, as well as an extra file
> >that will need to be flushed out to actually finish the work, but this
> >version of the file does get things started.
> >
> >The docs are all in APRDesign in this patch.  This is the design I thought
> >we had agreed upon in the last few weeks.  It is basically Ben Laurie's
> >idea, as I understand it, written out as code and flushed out a tiny
> >little bit.
> >
> >If nobody objects, I'll commit this tomorrow evening West Coast Time.  :-)
>
> I object!
> Doing it this way prevents using default unix implementaions on non-unix
> platforms, leading to total code duplication. It's also totally different
> from my proposal which you said you liked.

I didn't understand your proposal.  This is what I thought you were
getting at.  And, if you wrap your head around this, it is what you were
proposing.  Make one small change.  On OS/2, the primary error values are
errno values, and the supplemental values are OS/2 values.

If you think of it that way, this is exactly what you proposed.

primary values are reported as is.  Any platform which uses Unix code
would have to have a primary error value that uses errno values.

supplemental values get the offset added.  By definition if the OS/2 error
values aren't primary error values, they are supplemental.

Ryan

> -1

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131