httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject APR_EEXIST returns
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:10:56 GMT

This is a heads up message.  When I originally ported APR to Windows, it
was a proof of concept port, and I purposefully didn't give a great deal
of thought to error returns.  Because of this, I took a single APR error
code (APR_EEXIST) and used it whenever I wanted to indicate an error on
Windows inside of APR.  This was supposed to be a temporary thing, but
like so much else in, we got busy and forgot this was done.

As a part of my cleanup for APR's error codes, I have just re-discovered
this bug.  I will not be cleaning this up immediately, but I will be
cleaning it up soon-ish.  What I plan to do is re-implement error codes in
APR, and post a patch today.

When the error codes are done, I will be going back and converting all of
the return APR_EEXIST to return GetLastError().  If somebody else gets
bored and wants an easy job before I get to it, this is an important
change.  Along with this, there are two other places where APR_EEXIST is
returned (network_io/beos/poll.c and network_io/unix/poll.c) these will
also need to be changed to return errno (or the equivalent on BeOS).

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131