httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Eliminating NO_USE_SIGACTION
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:07:36 GMT
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Speaking of ap_signal, is there any reason to maintain
> NO_USE_SIGACTION anymore? Autoconf can detect the presence of
> sigaction(), so we should do so and use HAVE_SIGACTION instead. Also,
> I'd like to eliminate even bothering to check for ap_signal in
> mpmt_pthread and dexter. Since sigaction is a POSIX call, and pthreads
> imply proper POSIX support, I think it's unnecessary for MPMs using
> pthreads to bother supporting non-sigaction systems.

Are those still using pthreads or are they using APR-threads now?  I would
rather see the signal check moved into APR, so Apache doesn't even have to
think about it, personally.  Then, Apache just uses ap_signal and assumes
it works.

I am also not sure that pthreads implies everything Posix works.  It is
possible to be POSIX compliant in one area and not compliant in another.
And, some platforms get certain Posix checks waived.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131