httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr_errno.h
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:35:21 GMT
On 5 Apr 2000 trawick@locus.apache.org wrote:

> trawick     00/04/04 20:14:12
>
>   Modified:    src/lib/apr/include apr_errno.h
>   Log:
>   allow OS-specific errors to be stored in ap_status_t (and
>   later recognized)

-1 because of this patch and the description you posted earlier.

We have talked about this for a week, and this is not the implementation I
thought we decided on.

First of all, this still has a common value for all five of the status
defines.  The final number, APR_OS_START_OSERR looks like an arbitrary
number to me.

Also, why are we wrappering all of these defines with ifndef's?  The whole
file is wrappered protected, so why are we protecting those definitions as
well?

I would like to see a VERY clear explanation of where this is going.  To
be honest, what scares me the most is that we are using the same values on
every system.

Ryan