httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: RANT: Absolute Paths and configure
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 00:51:19 GMT

> > I never said APR _should_ be configured after the MPM.  I said I was
> > under the impression that currently APR is being configured after the MPM.
> > Completely different sentiments.  :-)
>
> No fair rewriting history. Have you ever noticed that you never seem to
> admit wrongdoing :-)

I do so admit wrongdoing.  I have admitted to the I/O layering being
wrong.  Take a second look at what I said in a slightly different light.
:-)

> > > Oh, BTW, these things appear to be done is a pseudo-random order, so
> > > there's no guarantee that the MPM config will come after the APR config.
> > > AFAICS, that is, which isn't very far.
> >
> > I seem to think that the APR configure script should always be run after
> > the MPM stuff, not before.  I think we are checking twice because I am
> > insisting that APR always be configurable as a separate module.  :-)

If you take this in the context in which it was written (describing the
current build process and the order in which they are running, not how it
should be designed).  Then, I do believe that in the current scheme, the
APR configure script should always be run after the MPM stuff.  Perhaps my
problem is that I do not express myself clearly enough.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131