httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: ap_cleanup_fn_t (was: ap_file_t typedef)
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:57:30 GMT

> I am failing to see why we need to have an option to build Apache under
> different calling models. IMO, we should specify a model (cdecl), set the
> compiler command-line switch, and toss macros like APR_THREAD_FUNC.
>
> Where the Win32 code needs a _stdcall callback, that is going to happen in
> APR most likely. That callback can explicitly use _stdcall. Otherwise,
> let's keep the code clean and toss stuff like APR_THREAD_FUNC.

You can't toss APR_THREAD_FUNC.  Take a look at testthread.c in the test
directory.  This is not APR code, and it requires APR_THREAD_FUNC.
APR_THREAD_FUNC tells the programmer this is a threads main function.
Unless I misp-read the Windows docs (completely possible) APR_THREAD_FUNC
is required, although as I stated in a previous note, it doen'st belong in
the context it is currently being discussed for.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131