httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject RE: ap_file_t typedef (was: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/includeapr_file_io.h)
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:54:02 GMT

> It replaces declarations like this;
>
> ap_status_t ap_set_userdata(void *data, char *key,
>                             ap_status_t (*cleanup) (void *),
>                             ap_context_t *cont);
>
> with
>
> ap_status_t ap_set_userdata(void *data, char *key,
>                             ap_cleanup_fn_t *cleanup,
>                             ap_context_t *cont);

That's what I had originally thought you were talking about, which I am
all for, but the APR_THREAD_FUNC threw me off a bit.  IMHO,
APR_THREAD_FUNC is the wrong definition to use here.  APR_THREAD_FUNC
tells programmers that the following function should be the main function
of a thread.

If what APR_THREAD_FUNC resolves to (__stdcall on Windows) is the correct
thing to put there, they either create a new definition that is named
appropirately, or use __stdcall directly.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131