httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: using perl in the configuration process
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:58:32 GMT

config.guess and config.sub are NOT GPL'ed.  Well, they are GPL'ed, but
there are exceptions if they are used to configure another program.  In
that case, they use whatever license your program uses.  This same clause
is in Libtools' license, but we have a different case with libtool.

With libtool, we have two different packages that use two different
features of libtool.  Libtool's license says if your package uses one of
these features, then libtool can be released under your license.  However,
with our other package, APR, we are not using the feature that allows us
to release all of libtool under our license, so we have GPL'ed code.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131