httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: using perl in the configuration process
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:06:30 GMT

> Ryan raised the issue of licensing over the weekend; that is my main
> concern.  Note that Apache won't currently build on all supported
> platforms if GPL-ed code were removed.

HUH!?!?!?  What code is GPL'ed and in the tree?  The dso stuff has been
removed, and that should be all the GPL'ed code.  Autoconf is not GPL'ed
for our purposes and neither is libtool as long as it is used to compile
the program.  If there is GPL'ed code, it needs to be removed ASAP,
because it infects the rest of the code.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131