httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: RANT: Absolute Paths and configure
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:03:45 GMT

> Well, we do have some/a-lot of what we needed with the old setup.
> Is it time to drop autoconf? To be honest, I think part of the
> problem is that no one here is an autoconf expert, and we're
> fumbling our way through this. At least with the old way, it
> was simple shell, somewhat easy to grok and we wrote it, so we
> were more in tune with it.

If we are going to replace AC, then I would like to keep AC for APR.  The
APR AC stuff is relativly clean, and it does seem to work.  I am +0 for
removing the current APR work.  I am +1 for fixing the current stuff and
if we are unable to do so then remove it.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131