httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/misc/unix errorcodes.c
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:25:45 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> The primary error code on ALL platforms is errno.

Um, no.  That makes a mockery of the whole idea of portability.
Which is APR's whole purpose for being.  You do NOT impose the
concepts from one environment onto another; you figure out a
way to make the upper layers not know the difference.

I suspect you mean that the decided-upon design is one that makes
all platform-specific errors look *like* the errno model.

> The Windows native error codes should be APR_OS_START_SYSERR +
> native code.

Uh-uh.  If you're going to do that, there's no point in reserving
a block at all -- you're just going to remap ALL platform codes
into your arbitrary and artificial range.

> I'm not sure if the docs are correct right now

Then they should be verified -- they're what people are
depending upon in order to progress properly.
--
#ken    P-)}