httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2000 15:20:18 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Now personally, I don't see a need for this patch, because this
> functionalitly can be acheived with the current code.

Really?  What the patch supposedly does is tell mod_auth_digest
to include two WWW-Authenticate fields in the 401 response, one
for the Digest mechanism and one for Basic.  My impression is
that right now 1.3 will only emit one or the other, but not
both.  His point is that providing both lets the client choose
which one to use.

I don't like the implementation, since it's overloading mod_auth_digest
with something that isn't its job, but I like the idea of sending
both fields when both auth-methods are available for a resource.
--
#ken    P-)}