httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Configuration modules...
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:46:30 GMT
dean gaudet wrote:

> i am -1 on config modules.  just like i'm -1 on including log
> filtering functionality.  for the same reason:  this is so bloody
> easy to do OUTSIDE the server that we shouldn't be making our code
> EVEN MORE MONOLITHIC by including it.

In a word, crap.  Vetos need to be accompanied by a valid technical
justification; I don't think the above qualifies so I don't consider
it a valid veto.

> think unix please.

If you can't accept that there are non-Unix platforms out there
that want to run our software, then just shut up about it.  Your
opinion doesn't change reality.  That people are willing to write
the necessary code to make it work on those platforms doesn't
mean you can veto their stuff simply because *you* won't write
for those platforms.
--
#ken    P-|}