httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Shared Memory
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 22:25:59 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > Looking at APR it looks we have MM for shared memory on Unix/BeOS, but no
> > shared memory for Windows.  Is someone looking at adding one, or is none
> > needed?
>
> I'm not sure we need it for Apache today (we do not run in multi process
> mode and we use pipes for parent/child communication) but it is definitely a
> good thing to have in APR. It is on my todo list but very low priority
> (which means I will probably never get around to it).

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly - I take it shared memory
support is not available to Apache within Windows?

The reason I ask is that one of the things I want to look at for the new
mod_proxy is shared memory support - is this something I will have to do
differently under NT?

Regards,
Graham