httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject RANT: Absolute Paths and configure
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2000 13:00:04 GMT
<RANT>

...well, another alpha goes by, and make still fails on Tru64 because
the includes don't use absolute paths. Is no-one interested in this?

Also, wtf is going on with APACHE_MPM_THREAD (in
src/modules/mpm/config.m4)? APR correctly figures out how to build
threaded stuff, then this goes and blows it by making a half-assed guess
(and failing). Commenting it out at least gets configure to complete on
Tru64.

This configure stuff is a nightmare. I thought it was supposed to be an
improvement, but it seems to me to be so incredibly tangled that no-one
stands a chance of figuring it out.

Surely there's a better way!

</RANT>

Cheers,