httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: Massive changes to Win32 makefile
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 02:43:40 GMT

> While I have disagreed with some of your points before, I have to say that
>  I really like this one :-)
>
>  Cheers,
>  -g

It just seems a little weird to see all the fuss about how to
provide generic build support for a (Win32) version of Apache
which still bears a disclaimer that says ( in essence )...

'Hey folks... this isn't even really real yet and might never be
because we don't like Windows at all but we are just supplying
this version because we feel like we are supposed to'.

Believe me... anyone who is really seriously trying to build
your stuff on Win32 either already has MSVC and can 'Export
makefile' themselves or knows how to figure out your UNIX
makefiles so just don't worry about it.

Just release the MSVC .DSP and .DSW and forget about
figuring out the vagarities of UNIX versus Win32 make formats.

You are wasting your time doing anything else.

Kevin Kiley