httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: Supporting non-UNIX98 sigwait in APR
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:39:54 GMT
I have that problem with OS/390, and I noticed with google-ing for man
pages that a few other systems have the old-style sigwait() as well.

I had two autoconf-based solutions I was pondering:

1) see if I can compile an invocation with one parameter with the
   proper header file included

   I touched on the general theory behind this with a recent post
   (look for "auto configuration and full function prototypes"), but
   I'm not sure if this is safe and I didn't get any feedback on the
   list.  The idea from Greg Ames I mentioned in a follow-up seems to
   make it safe enough but I'm still not sure.

   If it compiles, turn on SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG.

2) try to run

   put SIGALRM in set;
   rc = sigwait(&set);
   if (rc == SIGALRM) {
   else {

   If it exits with 0, turn on SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG.

Opinions on either?

Or the quick and dirty solution 3 which is looking better and better
unless some meaningful discussion can start with some good ideas

In code, use SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG.
In if this system is OS/390 or X or Y, turn on

(Or just tell me you're gonna solve it :))  I'll look forward to the
solution as I have a couple of other issues like this on OS/390.

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message