httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: config hook design
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:40:26 GMT
On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 05:22:36PM -0400, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> I thoroughly dislike the qmail approach for Apache.  It just doesn't fit
> well with what Apache does IMHO.

In what way? Remember, I don't expect mere mortals to hack on this
tree; a preparser will be bundled with Apache for now.

The only disadvantage that I can think of is that it could be slow to
read. Iff that's the case, I have no objection to a pure serialized
form of this, i.e. a 100% pure XML config file. All of my arguments
apply just as well in that case.

> It also breaks all of the tools that are
> currently used for Apache configuration.

1.3-compatibility pre-parser, which could even be the default 2.0
preparser. Besides, the fact that 2.0 is different shouldn't surprise
anyone.