httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Config tree code finished.
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:30:37 GMT
On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 10:37:59AM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
>
> > out-of-process. Unless we're talking about dynamic configuration,
> > which I thought we weren't.
>
> That is a regression in features for the server.  We have never asked
> mod_perl to parse the config file before starting the server.  I am loath
> to do so now.

It may be a regression of features for the Apache binary or the
mod_perl binary, but it doesn't reduce the functionality available to
the webmaster in any way. In fact, you don't even need *mod*_perl to
do this; a simple Perl script would do the job just as well (unless
I'm misunderstanding an extra benefit that mod_perl provides)

If you agree with Dean's and my rants on making all configuration
preprocessed, then you ought to agree with this. The inverse is true
as well. :)