httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: ap_send_fb_length() oddness
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:41:16 GMT
On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 04:35:23PM -0700, dean gaudet wrote:
> manoj -- even with your semantics, wasn't it possible for APR_EOF to
> be returned in addition to bytes being returned?

My old semantics were POSIX semantics. Either return bytes or return
an error code. But, even with the current semantics, we never return
APR_EOF; we return APR_SUCCESS, and the user as to interpret a 0-read
+ APR_SUCCESS as EOF (or at least this was the case last time I looked).

And yeah, I'm now wholeheartedly on the side of using APR_EOF. Much
easier than POSIX.