httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: pool vs. context
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 05:19:52 GMT
I prefer pools over contexts, but that's mostly because I am lazy
and haven't managed to figure out what a developer would use context
for in a real system, and how that use would translate into APR calls.
I don't know if this is a problem with contexts or just my lack of
time for real programming.

In other words, +0 (hmmm, smells like breakfast).  I know one thing for
sure, and that is it will save the module folks some serious time if
we go back to just pools.  But only if we do it now -- another couple
weeks and you'll have the module authors screaming for stability,
alpha or not.

I also don't understand the fascination with incomplete types, but
that may just be a style issue, and I'm an old geezer when it comes
to C coding.

....Roy