httpd-dev mailing list archives

From m..@trudge.engr.sgi.com (Mike Abbott)
Subject server-status
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:56:36 GMT
I think 2.0's server status feature is too specific to connections.
There is lots of other interesting information inside Apache that I
would like to see on the server status page.  For instance, MPMs have
data not only on connections but also on threads (e.g., the maximum
number of threads dexter ever needed, which can be used to re-compile
Apache with a smaller HARD_THREAD_LIMIT to save memory).  Also the
static content cache I wrote for 1.3 displays a bunch of counters on the
status page, but I had to patch mod_status to add the hook.

I propose making 2.0's server status report much more general by adding
a status hook that any module could register.  Then mod_status would
simply send the HTTP response header and iterate through the registered
hook functions, allowing each one to report its own status in HTML
directly using ap_rputs() and the like.

I haven't done it yet but I'm willing to, and to contribute a patch
against 2.0a2 (or whatever alpha is current at the time).

Comments?
--
Michael J. Abbott        mja@sgi.com        http://reality.sgi.com/mja/