httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Passing ENV vars to sub-configures
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:46:30 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Without having really thought about this, I have one question.  Will APR
> still be able to be configured without Apache?  If the answer is yes, then
> I am +1 for this change, if the answer is no, then -1.  :-)

Sure. It simply changes the format of how configure.in looks (instead
of all the checks being in configure.in, they are in APR.m4, for example.
configure.in simply sinclude's that.).

> Can Autoconf call external scripts?  If so, could we do something along
> these lines in Apache's configure:
>
> Grab the environmant variables we care about (CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etc)
>
> $CFLAGS $LDFALGS etc lib/apr/configure --foo
>
> continue with Apache's configure.

Yeah, but that gets us back into my question about which ones do we
care about :)

> Then, APR just does the same thing with the MM configure script.
>
> I don't think this is possible, but I figured I would ask somebody who has
> looked into this more.

Sure. Good ol' `foobar` :)
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"