httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: [APR] writev Problem (HAVE_WRITEV / NO_WRITEV / ap_writev)
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:30:55 GMT
On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 11:33:27AM +0200, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> I see a problem in the current apache_2.0 code regarding the portability
> to machines that lack the writev system call.
>
> The current situation is like this:
> * configure tests whether writev is available and sets HAVE_WRITEV
>   accordingly
> * file_io/unix/readwrite.c checks HAVE_WRITEV and defines the function
>   ap_writev() based on writev() if HAVE_WRITEV is set

Oops. Forgot to mention that (if HAVE_WRITEV is unset) this step
does not generate an ap_writev(), causing the linker to fail with an
unresolved symbol because file_ap_writev() needs ap_writev()

    Martin
--
  <Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <martin@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany