httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/mmap/unix mmap.c
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 01:34:09 GMT
On 6 Apr 2000 23:25:07 -0000, wrote:

>rbb         00/04/06 16:25:07
>  Modified:    src/lib/apr/file_io/unix filedup.c fileio.h filestat.c
>                        open.c pipe.c readwrite.c seek.c
>               src/lib/apr/include apr_file_io.h
>               src/lib/apr/mmap/unix mmap.c
>  Log:
>  Remove all the buffered I/O code from APR.  APR supports buffered I/O only
>  on platforms that only support FILE *'s, not ints.  Of course, this is
>  only true on POSIX systems.  Other systems can do what they want.

For OS/2 I implemented buffered I/O entirely within APR, not using FILE *.
The same approach would work on other platforms. You could even just use
the same code & switch the OS/2 API calls to whatever's best on each

If you like I can do this for unix & Win32. Note that the code I used was
derived from a C++ class I've been using in my own projects for several
years so it should be fairly solid (though I could have broken something in
the C++->C conversion...).

 |  |  He's a very naughty boy!" - Life of Brian |

View raw message