httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: APR_EEXIST returns
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:26:11 GMT
Why bother changing "return APR_EEXIST" to "return GetLastError()?"
If the caller isn't supposed to be able to tell the difference, why
change it?  Why not make ap_status_t boolean while you're at it?

If you mean change "return APR_EEXIST" to "return
SOME_SILLY_MACRO(GetLastError())" so that today or at some future point
the caller (or some human looking at a traced return code) can tell
whether it is some Microsoft error code or something else without
looking at source code and/or consulting a crystal ball, then I'll be
happy to make those changes.  Just commit a macro and I'm off to the
races.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...