httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: thread config (was: RANT: Absolute Paths and configure)
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 12:04:11 GMT
> Exactly, and the disable-threads stuff already works (and we are currently
> using it).  Anybody want a job interpretting what I mean?  I seem to not
> be doing so well right now.

It works now.  Sorry!  --with-mpm=prefork + --disable-threads has the
desired effect.  I don't know why on FreeBSD apache compiles with
-D_REENTRANT and APR doesn't, but it still works.  Is that discrepency o.k.?

At some point in the past, I'm pretty sure that somebody had said
that the selection of prefork by the user should turn on --disable-threads
automatically.  At the time this was stated, that didn't happen *and*
--disable-threads didn't disable threads, and apache behaved very
badly on FreeBSD.
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...