httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: RANT: Absolute Paths and configure
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 00:24:59 GMT
On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 08:16:30PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> It would be nice if --disable-threads would be passed to further
> configuration when the prefork mpm is chosen by the user.  I guess
> this doesn't imply a certain configuration order.

The MPM and threaded compile decisions should probably be specified
seperately. I can see situations where the admin wants to use prefork
but also is compiling in a library that requires compiling in
thread-safe libs and #defines.

So we then have --with-mpm and --enable-threads, with conflicting
answers rejected. And yeah we probably need to properly guess one from
the other, but once we've made this seperation, I think this will be
easier (or at least will be structured more sanely).